Sunday, September 25, 2011

I have joined a group called "Grief Share".  Grief Share is  for anyyone who has lost someone important to them.  Two of the facilitators have each lost their spouse so I felt like they can really relate especially to me.   The first night I went - I felt like I was in an "AA" group. I have since been inspired and it has been encouraging to me - I will hang in there with the commitment that I made to myself...but I sill refer to it as my "AA" group.    

Yesterday I had a privilege of getting some last minute guests.  We have to piece the group shot together because T had no interest in cooperating . We did the best we could.  They had a great time together.  So good to see my kids and grandkids all in the same spot.  We had a nice long leisurely afternoon together.


T couldn't understand why the girls kept the door shut to the toy room - but in to time - we had toys scattered down the hallway and into the living room to keep everyone happy.  He was so funny talking up a storm.  He knows exactly what he wants.





 I had a fruit pizza ready for the kids 
to decorate.  They had a great time - we were thinking maybe they 
would get a pattern going - however - the finished product looked
pretty good.  Everyone agreed they made a super looking pizza and it was yummy.   They were proud of it when it was done. 











Happy Thoughts:  My car had a full diognostic check up and is doing great!  I learned about furnace filters this last week.  My banana tree made it to 10 leaves! My grass is green once again. My lawn trimmer does an awesome job.  My tomatoes are still turning red.  I got a new phone today. 

My newest discovery: Journey On by Ty Herndon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUYF8wFchI&feature=player_detailpage


I encourage you to listen to the song. I am definately on a journey - some good days and some that I wonder when it will end. I have some times where God lets me have my angry moments where he gets bombarded with all sorts of questions.  I don't get any answers but sometimes I feel better just getting it sent his direction.    I will keep on going - doing the best I can do. I still have the unfortunate honor of experiencing more of the "first things". I know they will be around for a long time to come yet.

Fort Myers Beach, FL - 2007

Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly and do everyday
what should be done and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for updating. I am glad you are going to stick it out with the grief group as I know in time it will be a blessing and you in turn will bless others. I still wish it could be different for you and there are days I feel very guilty. I love you to pieces and think of Uncle Randy all the time. The journey is definitley an up and down one. May the Lord continue to guide you.

    ReplyDelete