Monday, July 4, 2011

I have no clue where the last week has gone - other than to say that I have kept extremely busy which is my ulitmate plan. It helps to ease the quietness of this house.  Last Sunday I traveled down south to see my wonderful son in action - doing what he does best!  I'm so proud of him!!  My deck has been powerwashed and stained thanks to my wonderful friends and family.  It looks marvelous!  What a big job!  It was a tough day though because it brings on yet another first of doing something R and I have done together in the past.

Me and My Best Friend
Today is another holiday......honestly where do they all come from??  I never knew how what was and will never be can eat away at one's heart.  This photo is my best friend and I.  My daughter and family & I were included in her families 4th of July party this past weekend.  Thanks B & B - we all had a great time and E is already asking to come back to B's house. 

A huge thank you to the guys at R's work they provided me with a gift card to get a tree in R's memory - I accomplished that his weekend.  I was able to get a small tree and 4 new bushes.  My wonderful neighbor assisted me in getting the old out and the new in.  So thankful for those people at my fingertips. I was starting to get out bush #2 when I noticed very quickly this 3 ft. snake that left me know it was apparent I was messing with his home.  We had a little stare down and I moved on to the other side of the landscaping as I waited for him to move on.  I thought he had moved on - however --- he moved back to his residence.  So thankfully - my neighbor  was able to move him onward to look for new housing hopefully at someone elses' home.  Word is he was "just" a garter snake and he's harmless.   But to me - he might as well of been 7 ft. long and as big around as my thigh.  My new tree and bushes look great - so thank you guys!!!  It means a great deal to me to have a beautiful visual in R's honor.  

I'm off to get my mileage in before it gets sunny and hot today.  Happy 4th of July to you all.  I continue to press onward.  I pray for God to see me though and keep me going.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment