Saturday, July 23, 2011

R's Final Resting Place - Rainbow Falls, Smoky Mountains - Gatlinburg, TN
I have just returned from an amazing time away with my kids and their families.  We stayed in a cabin the Smoky Mountains.  The purpose of the vacation was a tribute to R.  He loved the Smoky Mountains.  BJ, A & myself hiked 6 miles in the heat uphill and back down to fulfill the purpose of our trip.  I felt a sense of peace following the scattering of his remains.  I know his spirit was with us as we shed some tears and said our good byes.  I wondered if we could get any closer to Heaven than where we were.  We celebrated his life with ice cream because we know that's what he would of wanted us to do.



This is our cabin.  We had a great time just being together. The cabin had three floors with three king size bedrooms and bathrooms as well as queen size sofa's.  We each had our own floor.  There were two huge decks with swings and gliders that got used daily.  We enjoyed it alot.  To have all the grandkids in the same place is tons of fun.  Never a dull moment. 


This was the view from our deck.  Quite a calming sight.  We all loved to go out there and just relax.  The beauty created for us all to take in is absoutely amazing. 
This little?? guy decided to join our neighborhood because he was apparently hungry.  Luckily the kids got to see him a little better before he was chased away.  There was a Black Bear alert while we were there.  Lucky us.  We were always checking around the corner when we wanted to set outside.  The neighborhood we were in was called Black Bear Falls.  I guess he knew where he was supposed to be. 


My beautiful grandkids.  For the most part - they were full of smiles the entire time we were together.  The two on each end belong to my daughter and the two in the middle belong to my son.  I felt very blessed the last few days. Emotions were raw and it was a bittersweet trip - but we were all glad we did it and we did it together.  That's what families do.  








I think these difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes around worrying about are of no importance whatsoever. 













2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to spend that time with your kids & grandchildren in such a beautiful place. I continue to pray for you & think of randy often. Kevin has told me that randy would tell him that we remind him so much of you & him. That has touched my heart tremendously to receive that compliment. I hope to have the relationship with Kevin that you & randy shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing of a trip. I am sure it helped in the grieving/healing process of all that you have been through. Momma B, I must say that you are one of the STRONGEST women I know and such an example of surrendering to Christ (even when it is tough). I love you and am blessed by your family. Thanks for sharing about this trip. Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete