Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas -- 2011   Another first for my family. The Holidays without Randy.  We all escaped the traditionalism here at home and escaped to the warmth of Siesta Key, FL.   We flew non stop into Sarasota and within an hour we were  unpacked and on the warm sunny sandy beach and it was wonderful! 

This was our house.  It had 4 floors - fully furnished with everything you can imagine.  From the garage to the King Suite which was on the fourth floor was 51 steps.  It did have an elevator which was accessible from each floor so if you didn't want to do the steps you didn't have to.  But you know me - I always took the steps several times a day.  It fit us all very nicely.  Plenty of room for all the kids to do whatever they wanted.


Our Beach Shot.  Weather was warm and wonderful.  Water was a little chilly - but the kids adapted to the water temp very quickly.  It took awhile for your feet to warm up and then it wasn't so bad to stand out there in it.  The kids wanted to bring back a million shells.  But we had a weight limit on our luggage since we were flying.  :)  

We had a coolish day - we went to Casperson Beach to look for Sharks teeth. There are some serious shark teeth search teams there.   We didn't find any - but we did find this very nice lady who enjoyed all of our children.  They made a sand castle and various other things with her.  When we got ready to leave the girls gave her a hug and she melted. 

We visited the Nikomas Orange Grove and had some delicious orange ice cream - which was really enjoyed by everyone. We bought some of their fresh squeezed orange juice.  You haven't lived until you have some.  It was out of this world.  We found plenty to keep us busy in the area we were in.  Great restaurants, shopping and just some good times together.  My son keeps asking if this is a tradition now.  The verdict is still out on that one.  He gets credit for trying though.

The girls - talking about their next move.  They loved the water. They really enjoyed having several days to spend together. Little man loved the sand more than the water.
Little True baby had a great time as well.  We found his mouth coated with sand more times than we could shake a stick at.  He got to where he loved running into the water and back out. 





We left a little Hoosier Legacy at Siesta Key. 
Most people would smile because they knew exactly what we were dealing with here.


The Sunset - My favorite part of the days.  They brought back memories of better days for me. They gave me a chance to reflect on what I need to do to make the way for improvements in my life so I may be given the chance to see what God has in store for me.  I can't imagine it will be better than what I had with Randy- but I have to trust him that he knows what's best for me and be open to the opportunities that may get put in my path.  I may not of lost a limb but I will always walk with a limp with the journey I have dealt with and continue to overcome.   

01.06.12- this week has been long and rough. We have received news that we didn't want to hear. But today I cling to my Faith.




Scroll to TopScroll to Top

2 comments:

  1. What a great trip! Most importantly...what quality time with your family! As hard as this journey is, I admire the strenght you find in faith in God. Love you greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome trip! It makes me want to get away to warmer weather, even though I really do love the winter. Momma B I love you...don't tell you enough, but I love you dearly and think of you often! HUG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete