Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Positive Thinking
It is better to talk of health, progress, happiness, and success, than of the contrary things.  It is better to think of the beautiful, truthful, inspiring, and ideal, than the opposite thoughts.  It is better to be cheerful, confident, expectant, and enthusiastic than to indulge in destructive feelings.  Knowing this, the right course is clearly open to you.  Fill your daily life so full of constructive thoughts and ideals, that there will be no room for negative and depressing ideas.  Confine your conversation to helpful, useful, encouraging subjects.  Be generous in thought, word, act, and purpose.  Make the world better for your being in it.  Take a strong stand for truth and righteousness, and make every day count toward your eternal progress and happiness. - Grenville Kleiser, 1917

Force yourself to concentrate on more positive thoughts and fewer negative thoughts. When a negative thought creeps in, overpower it with a positive one.  If your mind says, “I can’t possibly do this…“  Turn the tables on it an replace the thought with, “I can’t possibly fail!

You’ll smile more.
You’ll feel happier.
You’ll feel more fulfilled.
You’ll have more confidence.
Nothing will seem impossible to you.

This week I have spent a great deal of time looking for the positive in alot of situations I am faced with.  I know I have been living in my own little world - doing my own little thing - not really having the energy or really caring about some of the things that used to mean a whole lot to me.  I have my own little PPP's at any given moment which is know is perfectly acceptable under the circumstances.  (PPP = Private Pity Party). For the most part I am still living up to my motto:  You can't go back.. You can't stay here.,.. You have to go forward... 

About the time I get those couple of steps forward then another first happens that can bring back all the emotions.  I had a birthday, my oldest grandaughter had a birthday and my oldest grandson played his first t-ball game. Those are all things that R enjoyed.  He would of been right out there on the field with E.  He would of taken me out for dinner and he loved celebrating the grandkids birthdays. 

I am hopeful that those "first time things" will get easier to deal with.  I am positive that mind over matter prevails to lesson the heartache.  I am working hard on the positive thinking - positive feelings - and making every day count and every day be the best it can be. 


“Real difficulties can be overcome; it is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.” – Theodore Vail

1 comment:

  1. I try to keep up with your blog as much as possible. I continue to pray for you and your family. You sound so positive and that's so wonderful to hear!
    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete