Monday, June 20, 2011

The weeks are just flying by.  Summer is officially here this week.  It seemed to be so far away a couple of months ago and now here it is.  I keep incredibly busy - maybe not with what I want to be doing but with things that need to be done. At least the yard work has slowed down a little.  I have patted myself on the back with my tree and bush trimming abilities.  The next thing on my agenda is getting the timing right for putting the summer application of weed killer/fertilizer/whatever is in the bag on the lawn at just the right time to be effective.  Something tells me that I will be doing that process in the sprinkles of rain because my timing anymore has been a little off and I know it needs the rain to make it work.  So we'll see.....  

I was very fortunate to meet Kerrie Roberts Thursday night after a concert.  It was a huge deal for me.  She is the one who inspired me so much when dealing with R in the hospital and weeks following.  Her song "No Matter What" I posted on my blog several months ago.  She is an awesome person.  My brother in law had met her during the day on Thursday and told her about me and R and losing him to Cancer an how she was an inspiration to me.  She was in concert Thursday night along with Johnny Diaz. Following the Concert I had an awesome opportuntity to exhange a few words with her.  I was so glad I went.  

This weekend was a party weekend.  I got invited to my oldest grandaughters "Friend" B-Day Party".  There were 9 kids there and it was fun and busy.......and non stop.  LOL   Everyone had a great time.  Being around all those busy bodies will wear you out.  :)   

Sunday - we had a family birthday party and celebrated Fathers day with a super delicious cookout and surrounded by lots of family.  It was a tough day for me.  My heart is heavy on those holidays.  Just another one of those firsts (again).  How many of those do I have to endure in such a short time with everything else we've had to conquer?   I remind myself to keep a positive attitude and I will have fewer difficulities to encounter along my journey.   I keep myself motivated and pressing onward.

A positive attitude leads to happiness and success and can change your whole life. If you look at the bright side of life, your whole life becomes filled with light. This light affects not only you and the way you look at the world, but also your whole environment and the people around you. If it is strong enough, it becomes contagious.

Life’s not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow.
– Cherralea Morgen

No comments:

Post a Comment