Saturday, June 4, 2011

"You Can't Go Back... You Can't Stay Here... You Must Go Forward..." 

This quote was staring me in the face in a book I have been reading. It makes a bold statement.  I have decided to borrow this quote for my motto.  It continues to remind me to keep moving on.  I have accomplished what I consider some "great feats" this weekend.... 

I changed my oil in my new mower which was suggested after 6 hours of use since the possibility existed of metal shavings etc...since it's new.  I read the book on how to do it and it worked very well.

I trimmed all the bushes and one tree with the electric trimmers....and I think they look pretty close to how R would of done them.  I was pretty proud of myself.  Good thing I have seen this done before by him. 

I bought stain for my deck.  As my luck would have it - I went to Lowes and walked into the stain aisle and it all might as well of been in Spanish, French or German because I had no idea what it said.  And where were all those wonderful helpers that are always there????  Finally a very sweet lady came along and helped me out.  She was my savior and I walked out with what I am pretty sure is what I need.

More times than not I wish I could just get an answer or two from R now and then.  I thought we had covered alot of material in a short amount of time during his illness but I am finding out - there is so much more to learn.  I have a lot of peeps that are very resourceful.  I'm more than grateful for answers when I need them.

I got my 5 miles in almost everyday this week.  One night I encountered a 5K race in progress on my route - luckily I was going the opposite direction so no one ran over me.  It sort of made me want to be a part of them.  But I am not ready for that yet.  However, I am making progress and I feel good about how far I have come to this date with picking running back up.  

I am ready for a new week to begin.  I can't believe it's going on 8 weeks in a few days that R checked out of life as we know it for something so much better.  A body made well again.  A opportunity to be with all the people who believe in everlasting life.  Walking on the streets of Gold each and every day never meeting a stranger. 

Be a Joy Germ and spread it to everyone you meet.  Find joy in the ordinary.  May your new week be overflowing with blessing.  You all bring joy to me and that means more to me than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment