Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tidbits...


My patio table went together just like it had the last several years the other evening!  I was feeling pretty good about that!!


The Blood Drive held at R's workplace in his memory had twice as many donations given than they normally do!  That is an awesome thing!


Recommended read:  Heaven Is For Real!  A great book!!   Got me really thinking about R and what Heaven is like for him. 


My almost 5 year old grandaughter says to me Sunday morning at her house--"Everytime I go by the Peace Lily I think of Grandpa"  The kids and I were all blessed with a Peace Lily from the funeral.   Sometimes she says things that are way beyond what a 5 year old should be talking about. She struck a cord and I had to rebound quickly.  I am thankful for the memories they have and they do talk about him from time to time.

Grateful for sunshine and warmth!!!

Thankful for my best friend and husband and good friend for sharing the old hometown Pizza King the other night!  Super good pizza and loved the time together.   

Happy that I got to have two of my little people all day Sunday.  We had a great day together. 

I remain ever so thankful for the people God continues to put in my path.  They are my gentle reminders that each new day brings a new chance to keep going, to keep moving forward. 

" Life is like a book with many chapters we call seasons. Some chapters tell the story of love, drama, comedy, mystery, loss, adversity, growth, disappointment, triumph, etc. Some chapters are dull and ordinary, others intense and exciting. The key to enduring, persevering and being hopeful is to never stop on a difficult page, to never quit on a book or a chapter that seems too long. Some chapters may be sweet but too short. Your words, thoughts, actions, non-action and choices are the pens that write the pages in your book. Have the courage and faith to keep turning the pages believing better chapters lie ahead. God is the author and finisher of your life. Trust. Listen. Believe. Grow in God's word. Activate your gifts and talents. Be creative. Be kind. Be patient. Be faithful. Be grateful. Be fruitful."

1 comment:

  1. I read Heaven is for Real. Yes, it made me think and rethink some things.

    ReplyDelete