Tuesday, December 28, 2010

#1 Radiation Treatment

R was tired today most of the day.  I think he had an energy surge yesterday which was probably too much.
We have to fit alot into a day.  Things that others take for granted - you quickly learn - that you need the help and you gladly let others help you.  I did get to work again today.  He pretty much makes me go and it's ok. I want to but not to say I don't worry alot about him when I'm not here.  I think he was a little agitated by my second phone call and I was only gone for 6 hours.  Maybe I will get better at not worrying so much. 

Anyone who has ever had Radiation Treatments or known someone who has had them - knows the markings are similar to a war zone.  It looks like a picture our 3 year old grandkids would draw with a purple marker.  It helps the team doing the treatment to get the most benefit from the treatment.  I wasn't allowed to go back with him - so he was on his own.  Thankfully they have a jigsaw puzzle set up in the waiting room and I had it all to myself.  The treatment went well - however when he wanted his back scratched - it was very tender on the target spots. So it must of done something today. 

Tomorrow will be a tough day for us.  We have two appointments back to back and I'm sure that will wear him out.  We ask for prayers for the unknown. We ask for prayers for a miracle.  We know we don't get if we don't ask.    

1 comment:

  1. We're praying for strength and comfort for you both. We hope to come visit soon.

    ReplyDelete