Saturday, December 25, 2010

Home At Last

We got him home this afternoon.  He tolerated the ride and got inside just fine with the help of a walker.  The walker will be his best friend for a few days here until he can get around better.  He's pretty well worn out tonight.  The hosp gave me the scrips he needs to take at home - so being Christmas Day - I discovered there is only one CVS and one Walgreens store open with the pharmacy being open too.  And I had to tackle both of them to get everything we needed.  I am learning alot about high power drugs - it takes God's signature to get the drugstore to release it.  I've got him on my side so it went better than I thought.

He is searching for the most comfortable place to be propped up like his hospital bed - right now I think I counted 6 pillows behind him to get him comfortable.  It's working for now. If it doesn't work we may have to move a hospital bed into our house.   Hopefully he will continue to improve and get around better and by moving around he might loosen up enough to get the pain subsiding in other areas than his back.  Pray for a good night for us tonight.  I'm trying to be a good nurse - but i'm nervous sometimes.  Time for me to pass the med tray.  Keep praying for the unknown which will be here soon.  I'm very nervous about that as well.
But we have to know - the entire reason for his surgery was to get answers.   No matter what - we'll move forward in full force and hit it head on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment