Friday, May 13, 2011

I can't believe I haven't been here much this week.  I have been keeping myself very busy after work each day with the nice weather and that means I'm not inside much until it's late.  It's been a week of ups and downs for me and I know that's to be expected.  There are still a million things that can set off the tears.  I've learned there is no reason to be strong all the time.  I am still under the care of many wonderful people who keep tabs on me and that makes me feel good. 

I received a poster this week from the nurse at R's workplace for a blood drive they are having.  At the bottom of the poster it says:  "Dedicated in memory of R... B..."  That got to me as well as the note from the nurse that said they miss him too. I'm sure they will have a great turn out.  He would be flattered.  He always gave blood when he could for years prior to getting sick.  If it wasn't so raw for me I'd love to attend and give blood on that day - but I just don't think I can.

I decided I wasn't going to come home tonight to an empty house - so I showed up at my daughters and snagged a couple grandkids and told my daughter and son in law it was time for a date night.  The kids and I had Taco Bell which we all enjoyed and later on ice cream that was supposed to be our secret but the secret was out of the bag about 20 seconds after the parents entered the house to pick them up.  Oh well.. we had a great time together and my evening was filled with coloring, lego's, bowling and many other things scattered throughout the house.

I witnessed an act of kindness this week that I was quite impressed with.  An elderly gentlemen went through a 4 way stop sign and lost an entire skid of softner salt right off the back of his truck.  It only took moments for two different guys to pull off the road and help this man fill his truck back up with these bags that weighed at least 50 pounds each.  I know he appreciated it very much - the poor man could hardly walk when he got out of his truck.  I was encouraged that there are people out there who are very willing to help a stranger.  It got me to thinking about looking for a form of encouragement each day this week and I was successful.  In my present scenrio I want to look for encouagement and give encouragement. I want to make a difference.  I want others to be inspired with the little simple acts of kindness they may see and hopefully it sways their thought process if only for a small amount of time and in time they pay it forward.

Heavenly father, I'm often anxious about what might happen in the days ahead.  Help me to trust you.  Fill me with praise for all you have done, all you are doing now, and what you will do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment