Monday, May 9, 2011

"Keep in mind that every challenge, great or small, is moving you to look deeper and draw forth the highest in you. You're never given a challenge beyond your ability to meet and master. You'll rise above every circumstance because you're greater than any circumstance." - Alan Cohen

I'm talking myself into believing the above quote tonight.  It seems I can rise above most challenges at work and at home.  Tonight however, my attempt to get the patio table put together I was defeated.  I have put that table together for the last several years so I am not sure what the deal is.  I gave up - but not easily.  It is now on my deck waiting on me to try again......someday........probably soon.  :)

Mother's Day was good. I joined my daughter and family for church.  I was surrounded by my family the rest of the day and grateful we kept busy all day.  I used to enjoy the holidays - so far not this year at all.  It all started with Thanksgiving last year now that I think about it - things have not been the same since and never will be.

R has been gone for a month today which is really hard to believe.  Sometimes it still feels like he is at work and he'll be coming through the door any minute. I miss him like crazy and I have to remind myself he's no longer suffering.  He's walking the streets of gold.  He's at the biggest celebration that is beyond your wildest imagination.

I hope the challenges you face are no where near the depth of what I experienced these past 5 months. Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. I'm working on rising above the challenges.  I'm hoping to use my experience to benefit someone that might now be wearing the shoes that I have recently worn. 

Ephesians 6:10


       

2 comments:

  1. Strength comes from serenity, but serenity is not strength. We're only human, and we can't blame ourselves if we do get overwhelmed. Sometimes, in fact, the best thing for us is to stop - to step out of the race, to say, "I can't do this on my own", to admit that we are facing things we never expected and are afraid to endure.

    If you promise yourself to be strong, you're destined to fail, because that is a promise that cannot be kept. You can promise yourself to return to serenity, though. You can promise to show yourself compassion. You can promise to allow your feelings, even if you don't choose to let them conquer you or drive your actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side. Keep on the sunny side of life"...straight from R's favorite Gaither dvd. It came to mind immediately while reading your post. You will rise above...you have God seeing you through!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete