Thursday, May 19, 2011


I have been reading a couple of books on Grief.  I have realized that at times when things are a blur to me - or I forget things - or the times I wander aimlessly around the house or the grocery in robotic mode - the feeling of being on a 10 second delay - those are all part of the grieving process. Grief is all normal, natural and necessary.  It's normal after being with someone for more than 1/2 of my lifetime.  It's natural in that it's a completly human thing to do.   It's necessary to let the emotions flow when they begin to come to the surface.

I came across the term "Creative Survivor".  Interesting huh??  I know that R would want me to be creative - I can hear him saying - you can do it - just put one foot in front of the other and keep going.  I do feel pretty good about some things I've accomplished and other things that I know he's up there looking down - saying well ... hmmm....  I guess it will work that way.  Some things I'm sure he is proud of me for getting it done!

Creativity isn't really my thing - I'm more of a see it somewhere and do it - than create it on my own.......but I will continue to attempt to be creative and move onward one day at a time because he would of wanted me to do just that and it's going to be O.K.   

"If God brings it to you - God will bring you through it."


    



   

2 comments:

  1. One day at a time...one step at a time. You are a strong person and with God on your side you'll make it through. Yes, you are creative no matter how that creativity comes to be. But, always remember it's okay to let others help out. You don't have to go it alone. We're ALWAYS here for you as well as MANY others. I'm confident of that! Love you much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a soapbox about how people view creativity... but I'll spare you most of it. :) Just remember that any person who's ever had an idea or made a decision, or done things their own way, is creative. Creativity doesn't have to be about artsy-fartsy stuff.

    We're here for you. Just tell us how to be here for you the best.

    ReplyDelete