Friday, May 6, 2011

My heart is bursting at the seams tonight.  My oldest grandaughter had her preschool program tonight to celebrate the school year coming to a close.   It all flashes back to our kids being younger and how fast the time has gone and to where we are today.  R would of loved to see her tonight up there with all the kids just singing her little heart out.  It was awesome!  I'm sure he was watching and smiling from afar. 

I had a surprise phone call today from R's Hospice nurse.  She just wanted to check up on me. We had a nice talk.  I was happy she called.  My dad built me a raised garden this week so hopefully soon - my brother will be here with my dirt and I can get some things planted and fenced off from the little critters that will be trying to find a way to get my garden food. 

My week has been very busy and thankfully the weekend is filled right up with various things going on.  It's good to be busy especially over the weekends.  They can be long and quiet at times.  I'm still getting my mileage in as many days as possible between the rain showers.  I hope the crazy rains end soon.  I'm ready for warm weather.... hopefully we are on to summer weather because it looks like we skipped spring altogether. 

Happy Mothers Day to all the Wonderful Mothers I know.  Blessings to you all!!  

1 comment:

  1. Marigolds. A friend of mine who has a large veggie garden swears by marigolds as a repellent for rabbits and other critters. There are supposed to be a few plants that they just don't like to eat and will avoid, and if you plant them nice and thick around the edges of the garden, the critters will stay away.

    Well, that and chicken wire. :)

    ReplyDelete