Friday, February 18, 2011

Gotta love Friday's.  Our brother in law is here from Florida and took R to get some errands done out of the house today while it was nice outside and I appreciate getting some things crossed off the "list".  He even took him to the storage unit to see his corvette.  Thank you JR.  He had a couple of unexpected visitors today.  3 different family members - one who has had cancer for the last 4 years... at one point you could hear the laughter of "wonder drug stories".  It was great to see you all today.  He even enjoyed the sinful stuff Culver's makes. Our financial advisor made a house call to check up on things and help get some things in order.  She was amazed at R's attitude with everything that is going on.  His attitude has been amazing that's for sure. 

We are blessed with people all over the place - but yesterday I was touched by a poem that I received from one of our motorcoach drivers and his wife..... I want to share it with all of you... I think you will be touched just like we both were.....

Drinking From My Saucer

I've never made a fortune and it's probably too late now, 
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow
And as I go along life's way, I'm reaping better than I sowed. 
I'm drinking from my saucer, Cause my cup has overflowed.

Haven't got a lot of riches, and sometimes the going's tough.
But I've got loving ones around me, and that makes me rich enough.
I think God for His blessings, and the mercies He's bestowed...

Oh, remember times when things went wrong, My faith wore somewhat thin?
But all at once the dark clouds broke, and the sun peeped through again...

If God gives me strength and courage, When the way grows steep and rough,
I'll not ask for other blessings, I'm already blessed enough!
And may I never be too busy to help others bear their loads...
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer, Cause my cup has overflowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment