Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Old Man Winter sure knows how to make the world stop for a bit.  My work was closed today with all the snow.  I really was getting antsy for the snow emergency to be lifted and my road to be plowed so I could get my wheels moving southward.  I got out of my drive close to 2 p.m. today.  R was anxious for me to get there because it was really quiet today at HH.  All of the Hospice people that are usually filling the halls on the week days were gone today as well.  We had a nice visit.  He's very talkative right now.  If you have some free time and want to visit with him - please do so. 

We won't be coming home tomorrow (Thursday).  They are removing one of the pain pumps tonight and want to observe him tomorrow with the oral mediation they replaced the pain pump with. I was really looking forward to packing him up and getting him home --- but we wait another day at this point.

He did manage to lose his footing today juggling his walker and a glass of chocolate milk.  He isn't even sure what happened - he landed in the window seat which is a good place to land.  Not as far down as the floor. Maybe that will teach him to let someone help him with his drinks.  He manages a cup of coffee and his walker and gets all the way to the sunroom with both most days without spilling.  So far....  He was fine but I later did think about the possibility of breaking a bone.  I don't even want to add that to the mix.  

"Be ever soft and pliable like a reed, not hard and unbending like a cedar."  

No comments:

Post a Comment