Saturday, February 12, 2011

The blog says I have 72 posts..... so it has been 73 days of having the "C" word invade our world.  Wow!
Hard to believe.  We have been through so much - most of it seems like a blur right now.

Funny thing happened today.... The car salesman brought a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox for us to see.  R's first trip outside the house was a ride in the car today.  I go out carefree without my purse, phone, etc... and was thinking.....oh finally somone to drive me around for a change.......then I realized that if we are interested in this car....I have to drive it to see if I like it.  I put this all together when the salesman got in the back seat...  so I come back inside  grab all my stuff...and we go for a ride.  While we are out driving - I say to R - Too bad you can't drive this - I think you'd like it.  He says why can't I drive it..... I say well for one the "hard stuff" your body is sucking up right now does not allow you behind the wheel of a car - the salesman says - oh it's ok.....I'm a cop..... I was cracking up.  He wasn't serious about R driving - but he was serious about being a policeman.  BTW - I did like the car.  It's not as big as what we have now - but it gets better gas milage and it would be a nice vehicle.  So we shall see......

R's sister came by to give him a haircut.  He was happy that happened.  We had lots of good friends stop by for a visit as well as some family.  We enjoyed everyones company.  Thanks for making it a great day.
The nurse comes tomorrow - I'm anxious to see what she says about the little hole in his back (from his incision) and his numbness in his feet.

Time to call it a day.  My alarm will buzz soon for that midnight pill.  :)  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment