Saturday, February 26, 2011

It started out a very good day today.  R got to have breakfast with about 33 men from our church at a nice restaurant.  He did very well on his morning out.  Thanks D for taking good care of him.  He enjoyed seeing everyone and had a great time.

He then had me take him to the dealership where we purchased a new vehicle for me.  It will get much better gas milage and it's got way too many features for me to learn - but it will save me money.  I do like it - but I feel bad that he isn't able to drive it.  He won't get any enjoyment from it and therefore I feel guilty about having it - but he wanted me to have it so now it's all good.

After that - he was done for. He pretty much fell asleep eating lunch.  I talked him into a nap which he willingly took.  He then had some visitors and shortly thereafter the day fell apart.  His pain began to get worse. The nurse was called and she came over.  She got us set up with some oral pain med to work with the eip pain pack as a boost to help with the extra pain.  There could be a couple of things going on.
1.  His pain is getting worse....or......2.  His epi cath is leaking and it could be leaking medication out instead of going on like it should...  so we see Dr. Hatch on Monday to get that cleared up.  The eip cath isn't made to be permanent.  Dr. was hoping we would get a little more time out of it than a month but it could be that it's lifespan is up.

Pray for a restfull night tonight. He is currently sleeping very soundly.  Pray for strength as we endure the unknown.  Keep on being the awesome prayer warriors you have been for us thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment