Monday, January 17, 2011

19 down.....   I orginally thought we wouldn't go into the double digits and then I looked ahead and thought we wouldn't make it to 20....but who would of thought.  It looks like if everything stays on track - he will be coming home on Wednesday.  He got his sutures out today from surgery.  The wound team says his incision is  looking very good now.  (Praise).  2 more treatments to go!  (Double Praise). 

Personally I think they are still guessing at the right combination of pain meds.  He slept alot yesterday and again today.  I left work at 2 and went to the hospital and I think he slept almost the entire time I was there tonight.  He did manage to visit with friends off and on. He slept though his lunch so I made sure he got some dinner in him.   He went on a walk and he was very tired when we got back from a short jaunt.  I left a little early so he could go back to sleep.

Thank you to my wonderful parents!  My crafty dad built a new step in the garage that's wider and will make it easier for R to get into the house.  It looks great - but twice tonight I've tripped because I am used to the old one and this one catches you by surprise.  I had to put a note on the inside of the door to remind myself to watch my step. It's amazing what you do by habit and not even give a second thought to.  I't's past time to end this day.  Thank you for all our amazing followers.  Our family appreciates each and everyone of you.

Don't count the days....make the days count! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds promising that you will be getting home. Love to you and still praying!!!

    ReplyDelete