Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sleepy Day

R did exactly what I wanted to do on a day like this - sleep it away - one doesn't have to deal with the cold - the cloudy sky or the snow.......

He was sick this morning before I got there.  I'm guessing it was from Radiation yesterday. He did this one day last week and the next day was better.  So we'll see what tomorrow brings.  I got him washed up this morning and he must of liked the clean gown - clean sheets because he literally slept the entire day away.

He knew both the kids and all the grandkids were there briefly - but that was pretty much it.  He ask me tonight before I came home if I'd been there all day - I said yes... 12 hours to be exact.  He looked at me and wanted to know what I did all day.  I rattled off a few things I accomplished..... And at that point I said now i'm going home to get some sleep.

I felt like his pain was better today since he was able to rest.  I felt like his body needed the rest. The daily goal is to keep the pain under control so we can move on to the next phase of our journey.  I'll keep you posted on that.

Now I need to end my day.  Hanging out with sleepy people all day tends to rub off on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment