Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 23 @ LH

I was encouraged when I talked to R this morning that the epidural cath had helped somewhat.  However by the time I got there this afternoon - he had just returned from his last radiation treatment and he was in some pretty good pain again and very tired.  His treatment went ok and it was his last one - but he had some pain prior to that and it just doesn't quit.   My parents and I left him to rest and we put together an entire 500 piece puzzle in the lounge while he slept.

He was able to set up on the side of the bed to eat a little bit of his dinner and that didn't last long - he had had it.  I left him in a somewhat comfortable position with 3 pillows behind him and 5 under his head all positioned just right.  The IV nurses are the ones who now administer the medication through his epi cath and they were called in to tweek the medicine to make it a bit stronger tonight.  So I know he's miserable.
My brother named the cancer "A Monster" tonight.  And it truely is. It's hard to understand the pain and suffering one must endure.  It's even harder to be on this side watching daily.

For anyone planning on visiting - he is requesting that he get to feeling better before you come out.  He told me to tell everyone that.  So I did what he ask. 

Keep the prayers coming..... they are needed and appreciated.  THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment