Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My day started with a call from R - they moved him to the Oncology floor at 11:00 p.m. last night.  Why do they do that?  Since December 21st - we have had a total of 6 rooms now.  The surgeon suspended Radiation today and possibly tomorrow due to his incision taking a little longer to heal than anticipated.  So before something drastic happens - he wants to go the safe route.  We are all about not adding anothe issue on top of everything else.

His day was tolerable today.  They did have to increase his pain med again - he is just having a time of it with the pain.  Physical Therapy did a number on him this morning as well. They seem to not comprehend each case is differnt and not everybody can move in the same manner.  He does get up and walk decently a couple of times a day just to keep moving and his appetite is improving a little.  He's on a transitional diet which is soft stuff, liquids, soups, some fruits, frozen yogurt, etc..... 

He was really tired tonight - he didn't sleep much during the day today.  I managed to work almost 1/2 day today and then spent the rest of the day with him.  It seems I lock up the door at the hospital when I leave every night.  My pillow is calling me and I am especially tired tonight as well.  From the bottom of my heart - thank you to everyone who continues to pray and encourage and support our entire family. 

2 comments:

  1. I love you guys! I want to hug you so much. Hopefully I will get over that way soon and love on you in person. Until then, here is my hug ((((((HUG))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    I read your post every day so that we know what to pray for. John and I love you and Randy so much and we are praying (besides praying for help for his pain) for peace, strength and that the Lord will be glorified through all of your trials. We are also praying for Angela & BJ + families. Love, Sybil

    ReplyDelete