Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 18 -done...of being at the hospital.  I just realized the last several blogs didn't even get a title.  I get anxious this time of night to just get to bed.  R's day wasn't horrible....but it wasn't the greatest.  They upped one of his pain meds again to work a little better with the #2 med trying to get us out of there this week.  I have to watch when I change the patch later this week to see if that's what makes him so sleepy.  If so, it's just the first day.... his body has to adjust itself and then he's more awake after that. 

Another one of "Our Girls" - the last of the three that we claim as wanna be daughters- made it to visit today.  So good to see her.  I needed her big ol bear hug!!!  Thanks D!!! 

All in all it was a decent day.  I think we are all more than ready for some new scenery.  I have some preparations to do for his homecoming.  Our house will be transformed into a more "patient friendly" place. We are looking forward to Radiation concluding this week.  Our case manager has been working with our Oncology dr. to see where we go from here. The talk is already out there for visiting a facility that specializes in this kind of cancer.   They have a couple of ideas - but I have also discovered a couple of places to run past them both.   

Pray that the pain will begin to subside following the full dose of the radiation and it should (so they tell me).  Pray that our transition home is a good one this week.  Pray for R to gain some strength in these upcoming days. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I was able to come and see you both today. My hugs have been waiting to wrap you up!!!! R, you'll get yours when you are a little more recovered. I love you both, am praying for you, and am confident that you are in the care of THE HEALER! God is in control (he just doesn't always control things the way we think they should be). Much love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete