Sunday, January 23, 2011

Decent Day

I'm not sure what happened today..... but I'll gladly embrace the day that we had.  I walked into the room today to find him very alert - setting up in bed eating a good breakfast.  I was shocked after the day he had on Saturday.  After breakfast we watched a movie - he stayed awake through that.  He then got up and got around - stood at the sink which is a first for a few days here.  Then he wanted to go for a walk. I was a little leary of the walk because the eip cath does tend to make him a little bit numb in his lower back and I wasn't sure what that does to your legs.  Following his walk he was done for.  We had some good conversations today.  He watched two football games.  Ate good all day.  Only closed his eyes a time or two for 3 or 4 minutes.  He should sleep well tonight.

Pray that this isn't the calm before the storm.  Pray that this new week will bring some positive signs of improvement. It would be great for him to have a bunch of days like today's. I think he could actually be home if they were all like today.   Pray for strength for all of us as we endure the unknown.  I know it's not up to us to know what the ultimate plan is for him.  A postcard we received said:  "God has not only read your story,  He Wrote It."    How very true........ 

1 comment:

  1. Sure glad to see he felt better today! Hopefully more to come!

    ReplyDelete