Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 26 @ LH

With any luck today may be the last full day of the count at LH.  He had a decent day today which makes a couple in a row.  He had an appetite and took a couple of walks and watched his favorite FOX News channel the entire time I was there from 1:30 to 8.  If he is doing ok tomorrow - we may be moving to another facility which I will tell you about tomorrow if it happens.  I don't want to jinx anything.  Just pray hard that he keeps feeling decent and can endure the ride comfortably.  

 On my ride home in the evenings I have time to reflect on my day and tonight I was thinking about how easy it is to feel good about things when he looks more like himself and he's made some improvements.  I will admit that when he has a couple of good days it makes you forget what you are really there for.  I have been able to sleep reallly well at night but in the mornings it slaps you square in the face and you know that for a short time you got to be carefree and not have to worry about what we you will endure during the next set of waking hours.   I'm grateful for the good rest to be able to face all the tomorrow's that we are given. 

Pray hard!! Pray often!!  We are all so grateful that we have so many on this journey with us.  We count on all of you daily.  Thank you!!! 

 

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy to hear Randy has had some good days. Since we learned of your website we have been reading and praying daily. We have put the both of you on every prayer chain we know of. Just want you to know our thoughts and prayers are with you constantly.
    Yours in Christ,
    Rod and Diane Broyles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to this. Day after day of waiting to see Ray's eyes open and to hear him talk. Know that we and Eastland Baptist Church are praying for our wonderful, awesome, terrific, brother and his wife and family. WE LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete