Thursday, January 6, 2011

Where has the week gone?  I have to keep track of things going on in his room because the days just blurr together.  He has so many meds he can't keep them straight.  I am ready to make a poster for the wall listing all of them and what they are for.  He had a rather uneventful day today.  His spirits were good. He ate pretty good for what he eats these days.   His walking was pretty speedy.  But the pain remains constant.  He was pretty tired tonight when I left him.  Hopefully he can get some good rest for a change.  The conversations we are having are amazing.  The strength God gives me to talk freely about what the future could hold is beyond belief.  To those of you praying for strength for me - it shows!  I'm strong when I need to be. 

His neuro surgeon suspended Radiation treatments until Monday so he has a chance to heal the incision completely.  My guess is - his residence will not change until after his treatment on Monday so they can monitor his pain while he gets his treatment and after.  Oncology dr. is in no hurry to let him go....and he hasn't even said he wants to go home - so you know he's not ready.  I'm more than ready to have him back here but it is scary trying to think ahead about what we have to do to prepare for that.  We have a wonderful case manager who checks in with me daily.  She's an Oncology nurse so she's fully aware of what we are dealing with in all aspects.  She's my go to person for everything that I need an answer for. 

The mailman must be wondering what is going on at our house...... he brings stacks of letters and cards - I take them daily to R to open - gives him something different to do.  I'm sure the "other stack" of not so fun stuff will follow soon like hospital & doctor bills.  Right now - they will just go in the "I'll open someday" pile.
Your efforts are very much appreciated.  Everything everyone does or says is very much appreciated.
May you all be blessed beyond measure.

1 comment: