Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 15 wasn't the best today.  His appointment didn't get changed down in Radiation Therapy from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - and the transport team showed up to get him down there and he had basically just woke up and ordered breakfast and away he went.  The downside of that - he didn't have a chance to have his pain meds before they took him.  So he had a set back from that today. Once you get behind - it takes awhile to get back to where he should be and to be honest I don't think he ever got back on track.  When I arrived this afternoon - I had to jump start him to attempt to make the rest of his day better.  I managed to get him in the chair for about 15 minutes today - which is a first in the last 3 weeks.  He does ok setting on the edge of the bed.  He took 2 different walks and he was probably glad to see me go tonight.  I'm not pushy - just a strong encouraging nudge now and then. 

R got a Prayer Bear from my BF - BJC - He loved it and it is adorable!!!  I have him propped on the shelf looking at R to remind him that everyone is praying!  Thanks B & B.  You two are the best!!  He also had three special visitors he told me about today when I arrived.  Little M. made him smile.  Thanks T & B.  You were a bright spot in his day.

According to the rounding Dr. today - R was told he will probably be there through Tuesday and they will evaluate him following radiation treatment.  That should be his last one.  Rad. Onco. Dr. stated he has to have a full dose before he will notice any relief from the pain. I would like to start the countdown - however I will never assume anything ever again. 

This week has flown by - even though my days are long - I have a routine down pat and it's working.  Please continue to pray for all of us.  It means so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment