Monday, January 31, 2011

R is like a breath of fresh air to the HH.  The volunteers enjoy him conversing with them while they make his breakfast in the kitchen.  He is the only patient I've seen out and about since we've been there except for one other lady.  Sometimes the nurses have to track him down to give him his meds.  He calls the HH the halfway house.  And for him - we are looking at it in that manner.  He had to go there to get a bigger handle on the pain and then we can bring him home. He has kept a great sense of humor while at the HH. We are looking at possibly Thursday for bringing him home.  Thursday works for me to get the "unknown" storm behind us at that point. 

He got to have some time with 2 of his sisters today.  They enjoyed one of his favorite meals.  His other visitors brought a cherry pie - last I knew there was still 3 pieces left - unless the nurses got to it and my guess is - they did after I left - and that's great - have at it.  Still tweeking the medication today - it's working so that's wonderful.  His day was pretty much like the last few have been.  However - he hasn't told me he's ready to come home yet.  He has to get to that point where he's comfortable coming home.  

I'm not sure what God is trying to tell me --- last week I had an evening where I was just beat and had 4 things happen to me on my way home......  Tonight - I made one stop in the snow for something he needed from Walgreens.....and came out - turned onto the highway and the Low Brake Fluid Light came on and dinged all the way home!!!!! I was so afraid I wouldn't have brakes......but I made it home. The dinger stopped when I reached the corner of my road.  So add the annoying ding and stress of driving on the snow once again.......  I was just about nuts by the time I got home.  So I take a deep breath - hot bath - put it all on hold until tomorrow attitude.....and I'm ending the day.     

My thanks to all of you offering to help do whatever.......it's very much appreciated and I am getting much better at letting people do things for me.  I came across a quote today that I need to take to heart..........  "You alone can do it, but you cannot do it alone"  by O. Hobart Mowrer

No comments:

Post a Comment