Monday, January 3, 2011

Definately a Monday.  It was a very trying day today for both of us. I could sense a load of discouragement weighing heavy on him when I arrived this morning.  As the morning went on - he seemed to loosen up a little and the pain was once again becoming tolerable.  The pain had not left him - the sharp edge of it was getting much better than what it had been.  Then it came time for him to be transported through the hospital to his Radiation treatment in the same building.  The team that came to get him - do his treatment - and return him - left him in the worst shape he has been in yet.  He can only move a certain way - and they had deaf ears to the way that they should help him get to where he needed to be.  I figured he was in good hands - so I left to catch up on a few things at work while he did that.  When I returned to find him in great pain - I was really mad!!!  He felt like they had almost broken him in half.   

He says he is now set back by 5-6 days of what he had accomplished with pain mgt.  I was furious!!!  When I left tonight - he has refused his radiation treatment for the morning.  Our oncology dr. will be handling his entire case from here on out.  We fired the Neuro guy who neither one of us have ever been impressed with.  I think he does the rounds because the team keeps him out of the office and away from them.  (We aren't talking about the same Dr. that did R's surgery)  We may be moved to the Oncology floor tomorrow since dr. will be handling our needs from now on.  I will miss our nurses we've had on this floor. They have been awesome! 

Pray for peace for R.  Pray for him to get some rest tonight.  Pray for relief of the gripping pain that will not let go.  God Bless you all.  You are amazing and loved by us all!!!  Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment