Monday, April 11, 2011

I think today was almost the toughest day.  We planned the funeral service.  Seems everytime we do one more thing - it makes it all so real. None of us are looking forward to the next two days. The kids and I spent the day together - we ran some errands and enjoyed a super good meal my parents made.  You know the kind only mom makes - Mashed potatoes and gravy and everything that goes with that.

I received alot of phone calls today but the one that really got me the most was from one of the guys at R's work - He got a hard hat (a daily necessity) and almost everyone has signed it - he's bringing it to the funeral home on Wednesday.  And his work place is also not running production on Wednesday until the afternoon.   I was very touched and teary eyed.  R would of been very touched by that as well.

I am cutting this short tonight - I am physically and mentally exhausted. Pray for strength and peace for all of us. 

  

1 comment:

  1. Many prayers are being sent for the journey you and your family have ahead of you. God Bless

    ReplyDelete