Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Today marks the 3rd time in a row that my mower refused to start for me.  Makes me look like a total idiot to those who might be watching the charade on my street.  Thankfully my wonderful neighbor came home from work and I pleaded my case.  He came right over just like the last time.  The time prior to that another neighbor helped me out.   So I did manage to get my yard work done tonight after work.  I kept hoping it wasn't going to rain until I got the mowing done.  The sun was shining the whole time.  I'm grateful for the people that are in my path just when I need them.  

I think I need my front yard rolled.  It's all out of whack - high spots - low spots....if someone knows anyone that does that - please let me know.  Meanwhile - I will be searching for the new key start mower.  I saw one in the Sears flyer tonight.  It also said limited availability - so I'm sure it will be my luck there will be no more in the state of Indiana. I love to mow so I will get this dilemma solved. 

I met with R's work people today to go over some important stuff.  Thankfully they left me have a little more time to make a couple of decisions. My boss sat in on my meeting and took some really great notes!  Thanks TB.  It was appreciated! R was always the one to handle all the really important stuff - he understood it - I was along for the ride and (thought) I would never have to know some of this stuff.  Just when you think you are done learning and your little brain won't hold anymore - guess what..... It expands all by itself and stuff creeps in there and sticks around and says - you have to do this.

I have to do alot of things right now that I don't want to do.  It's all part of my "new normal".  I'm not fond of the new normal.  But I am pressing on!  So thankful for a good job to keep me busy during the day.  So thankful for warmer days coming to allow me to get out of the house to get my miles in.  So thankful for people encouraging me and making sure I'm doing ok.  So thankful for my wonderful kids who are constantly checking up on me and including me on things. 

Never Stop Praying!  I Thessalonians 5:17


 

No comments:

Post a Comment