Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Stop Pinging G n A - I"m here now!!    :)

I had good intentions of getting to this early tonight -- however - I wouldn't trade the special time I had with my son for anything.  Those times are very few and far between.    

It has been a rough day.  R has gotten more unresponsive as the day has gone on.   The nurse put him on Oxygen today so he could breath a little easier.  His oxy level had dropped quite a bit from yesterday.  He will open his eyes once in awhile but hasn't talked much at all today.    I was able to still get his meds into him which is a good thing so it keeps his pain managable.   The kids and I spent some time getting pictures around to use for the service.  They stirred some memories today and that brought some smiles.

I ask R this morning if he was ready - he looked at me and shook his head up and down one time.  I then told him it's ok....  It's ok to go....  There are people waiting on him - they know he is coming to heaven.  

We continue to pray some tough prayers. We pray that God will take him to be with him.  He's ready and we are ready.  He is comfortable - he looks peaceful. He's very very tired.     

The outpouring of love and support for us has been amazing.  Your prayers - thoughts-visits - emails - cards and wonderful food are all very much appreciated.  We can never thank you enough!!!   We are ever so grateful for the wonderful people God has put in our paths. 

  

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I should be underfoot right now, so could you please tell Randy I love him and I'll miss him.

    When I was about 13 or 14 years old, he complimented me on a pair of earrings I was wearing, and because he used to tease me so much, it took me a few minutes to realize he was being sincere. It was the first time an adult had ever spoken to me, at that age, as if I was just another person. That was the first time I remember getting that basic respect from an adult, and I've never forgotten.

    Could you tell him that for me, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of love and hugs to all of you right now. continuing to pray. Jennifer (Love) Sears

    ReplyDelete