Saturday, April 9, 2011

The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.  Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.  Isaiah 57: 1 & 2

Randy entered the gates of Heaven at 6:00 p.m. tonight after a very long tiring day.  He had been without food or water for 7 days.  His body had shut down but his heart was strong and continued to beat and keep him going.  He even teased us at the end - his heart would stop and then start and repeat about 5 times.  So like him to keep us guessing. This week has been very tough on myself and our kids.  Everyday we wondered how long he could be here in the condition he was in.  We were all an emotional wreck and needing some finalization.

I have learned so much about so many things.  I am so thankful for each and everyone of you.  You have made a difference in our lives.  My family has been blessed beyond measure.   We've got some tough days coming up - but we'll get through them.    We call in the morning to get the arrangements finalized and then I'll post it on the blog.   

It's going to be different around here....

7 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. We'll continue to pray for all of you and the changes ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for your strength and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. momma bungard....
    So glad I could come and hug you last night. Randy was an absolutely amazing man and I am blessed beyond words to have known him. I love you and I will continue to pray for you and send hugs as often as I can. Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss!!! Tim and I will be praying for you and your family through this difficult time! Try and get with my sister Susie as I am sure she can help you through the difficult times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know dina hugged you all big enough for the both of us! i love you all so very much and am so thankful for the our time together. you have my prayers and love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs to all of you. Praying for you.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. praying for all of you!!
    -Justin, Nicole, Tait Wiese
    (Kellie's cousin)

    ReplyDelete