Saturday, April 30, 2011

Yesterday was a busy day for me - but I like busy --- I have to be busy...it keeps my mind preoccupied...it helps keep the blues chased a little farther away.  My boss P.O. came over at 7:00 a.m. and put my new mower together.  THANK YOU a million times over!  I had a warm coffee cake ready to shove in his hands when he was finished.  I was thrilled to have that done.  I went to work - had lunch with a great freind - went back to work - had dinner with my daughter and 2 of my grandkids.  Called it a day and slept decently last night.

I laid in bed and had a mental list of what all I wanted to accomplish today.  The weather was supposed to be motivating.......  it sure wasn't until later this afternoon.  But I persevered.  Got my car washed - pick up mulch at Lowes and came home...did my 5 miles.....what is with the wind anymore?? Everyday the wind blows and blows hard.  I mowed with my new awesome key start mower - the yard has never looked better.  (If I do say so myself.) I trimmed - pulled weeds -dug up a dead bush - spread the mulch out back - and I stretched those two large bags -- and it worked.   I was pretty proud of myself.  Then I took the opportunity to relax on my deck and take in the window of sunshine we were able to finally get after waiting all day for it.  My son is law called and took me to Steak & Shake with he and the grandkids for dinner.  My daughter was doing "Girls Night Out" tonight.  I was thrilled to spend a little time with them and eat one of my favorite sandwiches. 

My son called to tell me my other grandaughter was "mortally wounded today" and announced that she was "breakable".  And my youngest grandson found the potting soil today....  you can use your imagination here and it will be correct.  :) 

Thank you to my wonderful friends and family that checked in one me today.  I'm very appreciative to have so many people that care.  The days can be tough.  The days can be long and quiet.  The quietness is something that I don't handle well.  My mind begins to work overtime on those days and the emotions have a tendency to take over.  Time is a great healer - and I know that we all need to give it some time to do just that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment