Sunday, April 24, 2011

My first holiday without R. He was missed.  I was very grateful for lots of family time today with my daughter, son in law, the grandkids, my parents, my sister and fam and my brother and extended family.  Church was tough today.  Last week it wasn't as tough as it was today.  Maybe last week I was still in some undetermined state of reality not having sunk in yet.  I got through it and moved on.  There wasn't much idle time today which is good for me.  We had an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids which we all enjoy.  The kids thought it was fun to hide the eggs and then the adults find them....empty of course after they good their loot.  LOL  We had some great food and some laughter mostly provided by the little people. It was great to spend some time outside in the warmth of the sun and no wind.  Nice change.   Maybe spring is here to stay.  Keep your fingers crossed.

I'm focused on a new week.  A new week of continued "firsts".  A new week of still getting used to the "new normal".  I do appreciate everyone checking on me and offering to help do whatever I need done.  It means alot to me. 

May your week be positive and uplifting and may you look and find a small blessing in each day. 

1 comment:

  1. Susan - Your are still in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything we can do please let me know. Thats one thing about moving away we want to be able to reach out and help but yet our hands are tied. I'll keep you posted maybe next time we are in town we can get together for dinner or something. Know we love you and your family. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete