Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oddly enough when I started this blog on December 2nd I wondered what I would tell you all when R's condition went from bad to worse.  He did have a peaceful night last night or else I was so tired I passed out and have no recollection of it all.  He has remained pretty much in the same position flat on his back since Saturday night.  He's had very little to drink and nothing to eat at all since Saturday night.  I am able to get his pain meds in him by crushing them up and adding a little juice to them and using a syringe and just squirt them into him. 

He has slept a lot today. He has had confusion off and on.  His oxygen level was borderline with what the nurses like to see so they brought us Oxygen to use in case his breathing gets difficult so I had to learn yet another thing. There are a few other issues going on as well to indicate that his body is shutting down. He will open his eyes when we talk to him and we get little answers to our questions.  

We ask for you to be prayer specific when you read this and pray for the suffering to be over.  He is just very tired and worn out from this Monster disease. I told him today it's o.k. to go to a better place.  I told him we would all miss him like crazy but it was o.k. When I said that he reached out to me with his finger and placed it on the tip of my nose. 

We thank you all so much for everything you do for all of us.  I am very blessed to be surrounded by so many caring people.  Having my two kids here without the grandkids is a little strange though.  We'll get through this.  Counting on God for answers very soon.

5 comments:

  1. Lifting your family up in prayer right now.
    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family!!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so heartbreaking and as I am reading this, I can't help but cry! I know God is everything to us. I know heaven is a better place! We love you all so very much and are so blessed to know you all and to have Randy as a part of our lives! We love our "dad"! Love you!
    Jess (your other daughter :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking about you all.

    Karen (Jack & Bessie's daughter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for comfort and peace. You guys are an amazing couple.

    ReplyDelete