Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Attitude determines how much of the future we are allowed to see. It decides the size of our dreams and influences our determination when we are faced with new challenges.

We were blessed with a visit today from our Son and our two youngest grandchildren.  He should get the dad of the year award - doing the 2 hour drive one way to visit for awhile and then going back.  He is amazing with the kids.  They were adorable!!  I took our youngest grandaughter along to surprise the oldest grandaughter when I took her to school today.  She was surprised and thought that I could pick her up after school so she could play at our house.  Tug at the heartstrings!!  I went back to work and Miss A had to go home with her daddy.  Thanks B for making the trip!!  It was wonderful to see the three of you.   

I was hoping R would keep his great attitude through this challenge.  He is getting a little more discouraged as the days go by.  His legs - mainly his knees are really beginning to really bother him.  His anxiety level is climbing a little more some days.  We got the dosage uped today for the medicine that should help with the nerve issue in his legs - the dr. seems to think that may help.  I hope it does. 

He said he stepped outside today for a little sunshine and fresh air.  He said it was nice to be outside for a few minutes.  When I got home and we ate a delicious dinner provided by friends - I took him for a ride - he watched the crazies in the parking lot at Meijer while I ran in to pick up a few things and then he wanted to visit the DQ for a Peanut Buster Parfait - so I obliged him.  Then he crashed early...... and now it's my turn to hit the pillow. 

Pray for R's symptoms to be tolerable.  Pray for understanding, courage and strength to get through the days to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment