Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I can't believe we are entering the last 1/2 of the week already...Time is just going way too fast.  R spent some time wondering about how he could of pulled out that epi cath yesterday.  I think he had a pretty good day...  great visitors...  great food...  another nap today but thankfully the last tube in his body is still in where it should be.  Although he'd like to get rid of that one too - I wouldn't recommend anything drastic on that one. 

R will not be having surgery tomorrow to insert the permanent pain pump.  It was suggested to us to try the oral medication to see if it will work before we do the evasive surgery.  I felt like it was a good idea to give it a try especially since Dr. had told me he wasn't sure he was getting much medication out of the pump.  It has always been hard to tell what was working between the pain pump and the radiation or a combo of both.  The pain pump is still an option which is open to us if the next couple of days don't go very well and his pain increases.  We are also able to tweek the medication to help with the change in pain if need be.

On a happy note - I had a huge surprise when I walked in my house tonight.  3 of my friends from back home came for a surprise visit... and I was very surprised.  It was wonderful to see you LC, LC and TP.  We had a great visit!!   Thank you for coming down and thank you for the gifts.  You are all awesome!

Pray for a good night.  Pray for the pain to be controlled with oral medication.  Pray for a good end to a crazy week.  Pray for the sunshine to continue....It's so needed. Good night all. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment