Thursday, March 24, 2011

This week seems to be flying by.  I say that now - but on Tuesday I thought the next day was Thursday.  Skipping Wednesday didn't seem like a bad idea this week. And all of a sudden it's Friday and we make it though another week.  We had a visit today from our niece and her hubby from MI.  It was wonderful to see them and spend a little time together.  We shared the cancer stories,some tears and laughter.  S was diagnosed with cancer just prior to R finding out about his cancer.   She's doing great!  We pray for her strength and best wishes that everything remains good for her.  

I came home today to be able to see the Hospice Nurse and meet our new nurse.  We had a chance to catch up on a few things.  It was an emotional talk for me to get some answers to some things I have needed to know and some things I didn't expect to hear but the reality of it is - It is good information for me and I need to get it processed.  I really like our new nurse.  It takes a special person to be able to come and deal with such an evil disease.  To be able to comfort everybody - spend as much time as need be and always be a phone call away is awesome.  She just fit in today.  I was a little apprehensive when I found out Tonya was going into the Hospice Home and would be leaving the Visiting Nurse deal - but it's going to be ok.  

My parents were here when I got home from work making strawberry shortcake and warming up dinner.  Good food - good conversation - relaxing end to my day. R was pretty tired tonight and went to bed early.  But not before he got a great leg and foot massage.  He says it does help with the numbness.  Time for me to get some sleep. My cold is much better today.  I have been working hard at getting it flushed out of my system. 

May you all have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment