Saturday, March 26, 2011

The day started out quite out of the ordinary.  When he wakes before me - you know it's early because I'm an early riser.  He stressed how he wanted to go out to breakfast today.  I quit talking him out of these things because I believe they are really important to him and I want him to have his "wants" fulfilled because you just never know what tomorrow holds.  We were headed for one place and he all of a sudden changed the direction which was ok.  I knew this restaurant had some steps which are a challenge for him - but we did it.....but barely...he tried the first step and went almost all the way down...  I was a nervous nellie after that.  He's a little unsteady without his walker - but we did it. 

Inside the restaurant we visited a short time with a very sweet lady from our church.  She ended up paying for our breakfast and our waitress told us about it after she left. Thank you GC.  We always hear about others encountering a random act of kindness - but that is a first for us.  We felt special especially since we have not eaten out since early December. 

Following our breakfast I was going to run into the grocery and R was going to set in the car - I always find a parking place for him to watch the people if he goes along....then all of a sudden he decided he was going in and walk with the cart. He did pretty well.  I made it a very fast trip.  Following all of that - he was pretty much done for the day. He spent alot of time resting the remainder of the day.  Our daughter stopped by to say hi and our oldest grandaughter ended up hanging out with us the rest of the day.  We did some baking together and just some good diversion time for me.

No change in the leg issues or the draining back issue. The last couple of days have been pretty good for R.  Pray that the week starts off the same way. 

"Look at life through the windshield, not the rear-view mirror".

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how hard it is for you but I am so glad you and Randy went out! I am also so proud of you and how you are trying to allow Randy some normalcy in a time of nothing being normal. Love you and keep on keeping on! Love from MI!

    ReplyDelete